Paula T. Edgar, Esq., an attorney and Partner of Inclusion Strategy Solutions LLC, has worked and consulted in the field of diversity, equity, and inclusion for more than 10 years. Paula speaks and consults on these topics by advising, facilitating workshops, professional development training, and providing keynote speeches. Paula has worked extensively with clients to develop and advance DEI initiatives across sectors. Paula is also an expert in inclusive executive/leadership development, professional branding, networking, social media, and career strategies. Paula has demonstrated leadership in numerous civic organizations and she is the immediate past President of the Metropolitan Black Bar Association (MBBA), New York State’s largest black bar association.
Paula’s professional experiences include serving as the founder and CEO of PGE LLC (a speaking, consulting and executive coaching firm), the inaugural Chief Diversity Officer at New York Law School and as an attorney in the Law Enforcement Division of the New York City Commission on Human Rights.
Paula received her B.A. in Anthropology from the California State University (Fullerton) and her J.D. from the City University of New York School of Law. She was recognized by The Network Journal Magazine as a “40 Under Forty” Achievement Awardee, a Ms. JD “Woman of Inspiration” and a “Rising Star” by A Better Chance.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Select Presentations
- #MeToo and Updates to the NYS/NYC Sexual Harassment Law, 2019 New York State Bar Association – Transcending Labels: Diversity Challenges in the Legal Profession Panel, 2018
- New York City Bar Association Road Show, 2018: “Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Lawyer Well-Being in the Legal Profession”
- PLI Women Lawyers in Leadership 2018: Best Leadership Practices for Women Lawyers
- New York City Bar Association – Sexual Harassment & the Law: A Call to Action for Lawyers in the Era of #MeToo, 2018
- Cross-Cultural Competence in Pro Bono Representation: Best Practices for Working with and for People from Different Cultures, 2018
- New York State Bar Association’s 2016 Constance Baker Motley Symposium on Impact of Implicit Bias in the Legal Profession
- The 3rd Annual National Diversity Pre-Law Conference and Law Fair, Diversity Pre-Law Talks: Implicit Bias in Law Schools
- DRI’s Diversity Seminars: Boot Camp for Small and Midsize Law Firms; Widening the lens on diversity: Intersectionality and Social Policy, 2016
- Ms. JD’s 8th Annual Conference on Women in the Law at New York University School of Law, “Finding your Superpowers: Defining Your Emblem and Forming Alliances” 2016
- Kings County Family Court, Black History Month Celebration Keynote
- February 25, 2016, Brooklyn, NY
- Black Agency Executives Emerging Leaders Conference, Keynote: “Black Leaders Matter”, 2015
- National Black MBA Association, Women Leveraging Technology To Achieve High Impact Results In Their Career, 2016